- Place the rubber stopper into the hole on the bottom of the coffee bowl.
- Rinse the Filtron pad and place it in the bottom of the coffee bowl. It should be domed up in the center when it’s in place correctly.
- Add 12 oz (3/4 lb) of ground coffee directly into the Filtron, then give it a few shakes to level out the coffee bed.
- Place the coffee guard directly on top of the coffee grounds.
- Place the water bowl on top of the coffee bowl and fill it up to the (3/4 LB) mark with cold water, then stir until all the coffee grounds are saturated.
- Let steep for 12 - 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
- Set the coffee bowl on top of the empty 1 1/2 L decanter. Pull out the rubber stopper to let drain - this should take about 30 - 45 minutes and will make several cups of concentrate.
- Serve over ice - we suggest a ratio that’s one part concentrate to two parts water.
- The concentrate will keep in the refrigerator for about 10 days.