- Rinse the French Press with hot water. Dump the rinse water.
- Add 64 g of ground coffee directly into the French Press.
- Add hot water halfway to the top of the French Press. Make sure the grounds are saturated.
After about 1 minute, break the crust that is floating on top of the coffee and water mixture.
- Fill the French Press up all the way with more hot water.
- Place the lid on the French Press without pressing the plunger down and allow the coffee to steep.
- After about 3 additional minutes, press the plunger down all the way.
- When you’ve finished pressing down, serve the coffee immediately.